When every aspect of software that adds risk to a project is eliminated, avionics project management is certainly a lot simplified.
- When the system design team can make its own working prototypes;
- When pilots and FAA can review the screens and setup in simulation right from the start of the project;
- When the development can do integration tests on the first day of the project using the working prototypes;
- When there is no custom low-level software to develop, and no associated certification;
- When high-level certification testing that you need to do is heavily supported by tooling, leaving only the actual software integration testing to verify;
- When software changes late in the project have negligible timing impact;